Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A room fit for a princess.....







Gramas stool before




And after ...









Well, she made it...... drum roll please...... 9 days and counting. Reese Addison has been sleeping in her room for 9 days, and gets excited about it every night that she will be adding another tally to her list by morning. Sometimes I think that it's the parents that worry about it and have the hardest time. maybe she has been ready to "sleep" on her own, and we just haven't been pushing the issue. She was a breastfed baby and it was just WAY to easy to leave her there snuggled up to me for convenience sake! Daddy on the other hand did not have such fond memories of his beautiful baby girl snuggling with him, no he however had knees in the back, pushing him until he almost fell to the ground. A mighty little thing she is. So our "idea" was to make this switch a very big deal for her, and since decorating is practically my middle name, off to shopping mode went my brain. Rileigh is turning 13 this July, and she has been asking for a new "big girl bed" lol and so the idea was to give Reese Rileigh's bedroom set, and buy Ri a new one sometime soon?? Now to get dad on board with my master plan, he usually sees me pulling out the Pottery Barn magazines and runs the other way... lol. No seriously, I think he just tunes me out after a few moments into the convo with a blah blah blah, and "how much will this cost me?" When looking at the pictures I must add that the little stool came from my moms house, one that I had totally forgot about until my cousin pulled it out one day when Reese was there playing at her house. She thought it would be perfect in her room, thanks Tammy!!
So, the plan worked Reese got Rileigh's bedroom set, 4 freshly painted walls of Deep Carnation, and Posy Pink. New linens, curtains, and other cute decor. Not completely finished but close enough!!
And by the way RIleigh's bedroom set was delivered today, and her wall color is awesome!!! Not to tease you, but it is totally not ready to be seen yet, lots of decor to still go up!!!

1 comment: