Tuesday, February 19, 2013

it has been waaayyy too long.....

I have no idea how long it has been since I blogged last??
Alot has changed, so let me catch you up to speed.
#1-  is 16 (aahhh), which makes us feel so so old by the way, and is now a working boy, making great money as a bus boy at Heston Supper Club. And thank goodness for that, because he now has a CAR!!!! Pretty much every mothers new worst nightmare, that their child will have to drive a vehicle, without their parent.  It has been going great though he has had his permit for about 8 months, and will be getting his license in June. (That's when I will really be freaking out) I still slam my foot to the floor board as all parents with new drivers do, but now I get to text and ride, so not a bad deal. I do at times feel like Miss Daisy though, I ain't gonna lie :)

#2-  is 14 3/4 (Somedays it feels as though she is going on like 20)she has changed into a beautiful young woman with straighter hair, perfect teeth and a much nicer wardrobe, that I wish desperately I could fit into,  and still doing the volleyball thing. That is her life, that is our life, and for some reason I don't see that ever changing, and I am ok with that. Watching your child pour her blood, sweat, and many many tears into something that she LOVES with a passion makes me one proud mama! She is doing awesome as a freshman in school, rocky start with a faulty locker, but now life is good. School is something this girl takes seriously, she must because I pretty much NEVER have to tell her to do homework, study, or even ask her when projects are due. Thanks goodness too, because with 3 other siblings, well you all get it.

#3-  is quickly approaching the big 11, and I meanin  3 days  . He is a sweet, sweet boy, who is working his way through the 3rd grading period of his 5th grade year, with awesome grades (and his last year I might add ) He has taken up the new sport of Bow and arrow. Bow and arrow-ing ??? Anyways, he wined and complained and googled and really did his homework to convince us that he would be great at it. Using big words to describe the different parts of the arrow, and or bow, and the holder thingy,  as it turns out, he's not bad. He also convinced us that he needs a fish, or two (which he got) and most recently a blue parakeet, named blu. (Of course) Who has decided to be stubborn at the moment, and start biting us.

#4 as some call the" spoiled one", I have no idea why... she is now 6 turning 7 in March. How do I sum up the last year of this ones life? She has really taken to reading, alot, like always, and has gotten very good at it. I sometimes think that me taking her to storytime for about 1 year and a half might have had something to do with it, or maybe not, who really knows, or cares I am just really proud of my girl and her acomplishments thus far. She too convinced us that if her brother gets fish, she of course needs some. She started with 2, and in about 1 month was down to 1. We have NO idea where Bob went, pretty sure his hot pink fish friend, Izzy devoured him in the night and we haven't seen him since. Oh, and yes she needed a bird too. The 1st one was a green parakeet, Peter, and 7 days later he decided to pass on. So the replacement bird is a blue,gray,and white "fancy" parakeet (not sure what's so fancy about it) and his/her name is Fuzzy. One can only hope he makes it a bit longer than the last. And I must add as I type she is watching videos on her new iPad about the American Heart Association, because today she brought home paperwork explaining their "jump for heart event", man I love her.

So as you've read this I have also managed to multi-task ( I like to think that  if they gave out trophies for this said accomplishment I'd have tons!) because I have been folding laundry, helping with homework and even uploading the latest volleyball tournament photos to facebook, AND emailing a few friends copies of their daughters pictures, whew. So now, here I go adding  a few pictures to this post and hitting publish....




No comments:

Post a Comment